cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prioritize Device CSS over Line CSS | Different calling privileges on Jabber and in Device Profile

dipars1953om
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

We have device profile configured in CUCM. We also have enabled MRA through Expressway E and C. We have configured Jabber for Android and iPhone. Now what we want is to use different calling privileges on Jabber Android and iPhone and different on the device profile.  

Let me explain: Device Profile A having extension A for User A can log in to any desk phone and dial local and long distance. But User A having same extension A assigned to the Jabber Android or iPhone should not dial international or long distance. They either can dial internal extension to extension or local number. 

Note: We do not have directory URI dialing enabled within our infrastructure. 

7 Replies 7

Not knowing more about your setup it will be a guessing game. What if you put the international call routing in the device CSS on the desk phones that you login with the user profiles and use another CSS, if any, on the Jabber devices. In the line CSS put call privilege for what both should share. In theory this should work, but depending on how your setup looks it might need some additional work.  

Response Signature

Thanks for your response but, dont you think that the line css will take
precedence rather merging with the device css?

@dipars1953om wrote:
Thanks for your response but, dont you think that the line css will take
precedence rather merging with the device css?

That’s not how this works. The line and device CSS will be combined by the system, with the content in the line CSS to be put before/above the content of the device CSS. The combined virtual CSS will be used by the dial plan lookup mechanisms for call routing.

Response Signature

Thanks for your response. Let us try that and will come back to you. 

Question, Device Profile does not have device CSS it only line CSS, so a person having same extension configured for Jabber and device profile goes to a desk phone and logs in then that set does not have any device css. that case what to do ?

Not quite, when you login with a user device profile on a desk phone it will use the line CSS of the line on the UDP and it will used the CSS on the device you login to.

Response Signature

To add to this, the order only matters when there are competing exact matching patterns in more than one partition. In most environments I see (I am a cisco partner, so I see a lot), competing patterns are not very common within a given search space. In fact, most people engineer solutions to avoid such conflicts because it's confusing and mostly unnecessary.

E.g.,
These are not competing for the match, the second one is the only choice
[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX in us-pstn-local-pt
612[2-9]XXXXXX in us-mn-local-pt

These are competing for the match
[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX in us-pstn-local-pt
[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX in us-mn-pstn-local-pt