Views
Helpful
Replies

Question for the masses regarding hard of hearing

jbingham
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have a new employee who is partially deaf. This user requires a telephone on my CUCM/IPCC system to take calls for our servicedesk. Here is my challenge that I was hoping some of you might have already faced and solved and be able to give me some advice. The employee who is partially deaf has a hearing aid that has bluetooth capability. A headset is not an option as the hearing aid has feedback if it is covered up with a headset.

Per some of my research - the only phones I have found that are offered from Cisco that support bluetooth are for the 500 series small business system and then the 7925 series wireless phones. Both are not options for me here. Are any of you aware of headset devices that have bluetooth capability that would work with a Cisco 794X phone and that would pair with a bluetooth hearing aid?

I welcome any insight or input you might have.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

The Cisco 9951 and 9971 IP phones support Bluetooth for headset connections and so may be an option if you are running a version of CUCM that supports them.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps10453/ps10513/data_sheet_c78-565680.html