cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions on Speechview

gmoon
Level 1
Level 1

Wanted to get some thoughts and opinions on Speechview before making a decision to implement.

- How's the quality of the transcription?

- Does it impact unified messaging or does it still work the same as without Speechview?

- Do most users choose to "Hold till transcription received" or just let the transcription come later?

- Is it supported in all versions of Exchange including Office 365?

- What kind of cost are we looking at and are there different options?

Thank you in advance for any input you are willing to share.

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

- How's the quality of the transcription?

We have used SpeechView for several years. Quality is good, but not always perfect.

- Does it impact unified messaging or does it still work the same as without Speechview?

No impact on UM. The only difference is you now see a transcription in the email as well as the attached wav file.

- Do most users choose to "Hold till transcription received" or just let the transcription come later?

I have all users set to hold. Have had no significant problems/delays with this setting.

- Is it supported in all versions of Exchange including Office 365?

Yes, supported with O365.

- What kind of cost are we looking at and are there different options?

Fairly inexpensive. Will depend on number of licenses you need. Check with your reseller/account manager.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon! Would you mind sharing what version of Unity Connection you're running? If not, I completely understand. Would you mind saying if it's 11.5 or above? Thanks again for your input!

tsaunders
Level 1
Level 1

I see the limit is 120 seconds for Speechview, is there any way for it to be longer than 120?  If not what other options for voicemail transcriptions are there?