Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"License" for Prime License Manager

I've just installed Prime License manager and it gets to Demo Mode by default. As per the user guide:

Demo mode in Cisco Prime License Manager refers to the fact that no license file has been installed yet.
During the first license file installation process, Cisco Prime License Manager is registered with the Cisco
licensing back office and is no longer in Demo mode. Product instances managed by Cisco Prime License
Manager are not in compliance as long as Cisco Prime License Manager is in Demo mode. Each product
type (for example, Unified CM, Unity Connection) has its own version of "demo mode" that operates
independently of Cisco Prime License Manager’s Demo mode.

The statement above doesn't seem clear to me. Does PLM require a "PLM" license for it to be fully usable, or does it merely need to add valid licenses for UC instances (CUCM, CUC) for PLM to upgrade from demo mode to fully usable.

Thanks in advance,

Charles

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aztec_
Level 1
Level 1

Hello charles,

yep, i've encounter this before, and after i install CUCM license to prime, the prime no longer show "demo warning" on the dashboard.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aztec_
Level 1
Level 1

Hello charles,

yep, i've encounter this before, and after i install CUCM license to prime, the prime no longer show "demo warning" on the dashboard.

Hi,

You mean to say that after you have installed permanent license and is still showing Demo Mode.

Can u try creating separate Product instance and then, check  ?

regds,

aman

Many thanks Tommy. 

No prob :)