cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recovery Security password

pablo.beraldi
Level 1
Level 1

have the following problem. I have to migrate two CUCM clusters.
Cluster 1: 3 CUCM nodes (1 PUB 2 SUB) + 2 CUP.
Cluster 2: 7 CUCM Nodes (1 PUB 6 SUB)
You have to migrate from one physical server to another, so due to a BUG with PCD, we will do it using DRS.

The problem is that the client does not have the security pass and since we will move 1 to 1, we must have that pass to migrate them.
Looking at the documentation and doing the lab I don't see big problems in recovering the security pass.

How do you see it? In the lab it didn't ask me to restart nodes or anything. It is right? Is there any risk? can it be done during business hours?
Thanks

2 Replies 2

Asper the Guide, When changing security password. we are asked to restart the node. so do this during non working hours. 

Please ensure that the security password on the publisher is changed first. The security password needs to be the same on all cluster nodes, or the publisher and subscriber(s) will not communicate. After changing the security password on a cluster node, please restart that node.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/213527-changing-cucm-os-admin-and-security-pass.html

Response Signature

Not an answer to your actual question, but how do you plan to accomplish the migration to one cluster. AFAIK a DRS restore would take the data from one cluster and if you meet all the requirements for a restore, which is doubtful by your description, it would overwrite all the data in the target cluster with the data of the source cluster. IE it would not combine the data, it would replace it.

Response Signature