Views
Helpful
Replies

registry key needed

mtevich
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Group -

I was attempting to configure time syncronization to an external source for my Unity Connection server. Well long story short, could someone post the following registry key from their server so that I may repair mine?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time]

From the registry editor, browse to the key an export it, then copy and past the contents. You caould also send the contents to my email.

Thanks in advance - Mike

p.s. anyone know how to properly sync time from an external source on a UC server?

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

I don't have Unity Connection, but this document may help you - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/ps6509/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008055e1d0.html#wp1060403

It references the commands to sychronize time on your UC server to one of your domain controllers. This sounds like a "safer" way than editing your registry.

Ginger

Thanks for the reference.

Originally I had used a .reg file that I had built to sync an '03 AD controller to an external time source. That killed my w32time service from starting. I was able to recover the key from a fresh non-AD box in the environment. Key point, always export your keys before messing w/ them.