Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove chat history in CUPC 8

Hi

Is it possible to remove chat history in CUPC 8? Even if I remove the chats in "Converastion History" window they still appear in the Chat window.

3 Replies 3

fkarami
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Maciej,

Yes, it is possible to do it, depending what version of the CUPS 8 you have.

In version 8.5 there is a feature that is called "Disable CUPC History" which would allow you not have history of the chats.

However, there is a workaround and that is to delete the following folder: (Win XP Example - Not sure if it is the same location in 7 and Vista)

C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\Cisco\Unified Communications\Client Services Framework\Transcripts

Which will delete your chat history. I have not tested this before so I am not sure what effects it may had. So you probably want to test it on a non-production PC before testing it on production. Also log out of CUPC before deleting the folder.

Hope this information helps.

Cheers,

Farbod

PS. Please rate this post if you find it helpful to motivate us to answer more questions.

Hi

Thank you for the answer, got the same info from Cisco TAC a couple of days ago and it worked fine.

/Maciej

joshua.gertig
Level 1
Level 1

Just FYI in Windows 7 the path for me (had to enable hidden folders) was:

C:\Users\userID\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Client Services Framework

I deleted the "Transcripts" folder and chat was gone (after signing out and exiting CUPC). The foler was re-created on my next chat.