Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restore Publisher from Subscriber

Hi

I have lost 2 hard drive on a UCS 200 server, so. I think I have lost the RAID 5 and all information. This server had the publisher

I have requested to TAC 2 new Hard Drives but I don't konw how restore the Publisher because I don't have any backup.

Can use BARS in Subscriber? Is there another way to get the datastore in Subscriber?

My version es 8.5.

Thank you.

Best Regards

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need a backup file to recover from this. While a DRS restore can copy the database from a subscriber node (step 12) it can't get all of the platform-level details which only existed on the publisher's local disk. You'll need to build a new publisher/cluster and use BAT Export/Import to pull configuration details from the remaining subscriber, then reimport them in to your new publisher. Once your new publisher is built you can reinstall the subscriber, joining it to the new cluster.

Note that you might be able to get the database to replicate again by reusing all of the same platform details (e.g. IP, hostname, security passphrase) and then adding the subscriber under System > Servers. The problem is that the near-empty publisher database would likely overwrite the subscriber, not pull from it. Additionally, all of the shell scripts that Cisco uses to make the cluster function (it's more than just Informix) wouldn't have executed properly and you would almost certianly have other problems. The risk of totally losing your remaining data doesn't warrant this - totally unsupported - scenario.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thank you Jonathan.

So if I can use Bat to export the information from SUB. i will do it in this way.

Install CUCM again on PUB server.

Try to import all infomation and check if everything is the same.

Disconect SUB.

Connect PUB and check if it works.

Delete the sub virtual machine and create and install a new one.

Thank you.

Jonathan\Waldo,

If you don't have a valid backup nor a previous BAT Export, you will have to start from scratch. You cannot perform a BAT from a subscriber, this is done from the Publisher.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh