cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting a Call Forward flag

randerso
Level 1
Level 1

CallManager v4.0(1) and Unity v4.0(4). My customer has a Unity auto attendant that rings a CallManger broadcast line group. If no one picks up, the Hunt List selects the Unity Line Group to send the call to a voice mailbox. However, since the call has never been forwarded, Unity attempts a sign on rather than playing the mailbox greeting. I could send the call to an intermediate route point to generate the "call forward" flag, but I am looking for something more elegant as I have dozens of instances of this action. Any clever ideas out there? Thanks!

2 Replies 2

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What shows up as the Called number when these calls hit Unity? Is it the general Unity pilot number or is it a DN specific to your broadcast group?

In the latter case, you could configure a Direct Call routing rule in Unity to send calls to Attempt Forward. This is similar to Attempt Forward in the Forwarded Call routing rules except that it will attempt to match the Called number to a Subscriber or Call Handler. If no match is found then the call moves to the next rule in the table. If a match is found it will send the call to that Call Handler.

Regards,

Eric

Thanks Eric, I took your advice and tried a Direct Call routing rule; and it works! I can trigger the mailbox greeting without the call being forwarded.

Cheers!