cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up a cucm network.

aaronhill1
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys i am brand new to The whole cucm server stuff.

Long story short i bought a MCS server with CUCM 7.1 installed on it. I am stuck on how i set it up so i can log into the ip address from my desktop.

right now i have the server plugged directly into my PC and my PC set on a dhcp ip address

I want the get the physical server set up so i can connect to the ip address with my PC and start configuring it.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In addition to what Jaime mentioned about licenses, the reason why the tabs are not working is because of browser compatibility. Try using IE and if its the latest version of IE add the site in your compatibility list.

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Plug a keyboard and a monitor to the MCS, then log in and see what's the current IP it has, then either adjust your network so you can just plug it in, or you'll have to change the IP address to something within your network config.

If you're going to set this up for a production environment, I'd strongly suggest you to hire someone to do this job for you, specially if you have no experience.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

this is just being used for a test environment that i am building so i can do my test. I finally got the gui to show up on my web browser but none of the tabs work .I.E. system,call routing. It says system is operating on demo licenses, please upload relevant license files. 

if the demo is expired will it prevent me from using the system?

Old versions by default had a non-expiring demo licenses with a few DLUs and 2 nodes, if they did install a separate demo license, the one that comes by default won't work again and you'll need to either re-install the CUCM, or get valid licenses.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

In addition to what Jaime mentioned about licenses, the reason why the tabs are not working is because of browser compatibility. Try using IE and if its the latest version of IE add the site in your compatibility list.

Please rate useful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: