cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Call Issues

jwilder01
Level 1
Level 1

I am hoping this will find someone that has experienced issue before or has an idea where to look?

I have one site having call issues with SIP based calls, with the following conditions:

They will receive a call and only hear one way audio - but not all calls; and I triple checked all routings (across SDWAN, etc.)

• They will call the number back in some cases and it comes back as number not in service?

• They will call the number back in some cases and reach a caller that was not actually calling the location

• They will call the number back and make a call that should have come in correctly

Here is the call flow:

Carrier.SIP > VGW in Data Center (San Jose) > CM11.0 > IPPhone.SCCP.7962 (Coachella) (all data traffic traverses SDWAN provided by same Carrier)

The only 'error' msgs I have on the local VGW at the site:

020276: Sep 28 11:23:11 PDT: %PLATFORM-4-ELEMENT_WARNING: SIP1: smand: RP/0: Used Memory value 89% exceeds warning level 88%
020277: Sep 28 11:33:21 PDT: %PLATFORM-4-ELEMENT_WARNING: SIP1: smand: RP/0: Used Memory value 89% exceeds warning level 88%
020278: Sep 28 11:43:31 PDT: %PLATFORM-4-ELEMENT_WARNING: SIP1: smand: RP/0: Used Memory value 89% exceeds warning level 88%

But my understanding is the local VGW does not take part in the call handling, despite being H323 VGW in CM11.

This client has 12 locations remote to the data center and they are all setup the same, but this is the only site reporting call issues.

Disclaimer - yes I am aware CM11 is no longer supported at Cisco - but this is what I have to work with. I'm frustrated and the customer is frustrated much more because this impacts business.

2 Replies 2

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,
is it now SIP or H.323? If the GW is added as H.323 in CUCM, then it cannot be SIP.
Why shouldn't the GW be take part in the call handling?

You need to confirm, if the GW is now configured as H.323 or as SIP.
Based on that, you need to enable different debugs and check the logs from the GW and CUCM of a bad call. (Normal troubleshooting steps.)
Just by checking the errors, you won't find anything.

If it is users at only one site that are experiencing these issues, it stands to reason that the gateway (whether it is H323 or SIP) is the most likely issue. Is the GW at that site SIP or H323? What are the dial-peers on the CUBE (to the service provider) and the site gateway that interact? What are the dial-peer and SIP Profile configurations on the gateways?

The variability of the issues is particularly troublesome. Do you have trace file, debugs, and logs you can dump into TranslatorX for analysis?

Maren