cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Phone Failover to Subsriber

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

I have a 3 node cluster with roughly a 100 7841s (SIP) deployed w/ 2 nodes running the CUCM service and TFTP.  95% of the phones have CUCM1 as their primary subscriber w/ CUCM2 as a secondary in the CM group.  The other 5% have the reverse server assignment (this number will grow as more phones are deployed).  The other day I disconnected the nic on CUCM1 to confirm failover and noticed that the phones did re-register to CUCM2, but it took about 5-8 minutes before they were all registered.  While i expected it to take a little time for all of the phones to register, it took what seemed like an excessive amount of time for the first ones to register.  When the nic on CUCM1 was reconnected the ones all migrated back within about 2 minutes.  Is that normal?  And if so, is there a way to speed up the failover to the secondary subscriber in the CM group?

2 Replies 2

Lando.Griffin
Level 1
Level 1
That does seem a little long. I think ours usually cuts over completely in 2-3 minutes. What's your "SIP Station KeepAlive Interval" under Service Parameters set to? Maybe you could try tweaking that.

The keepalive is still set to the default value. I'll take a look at that setting to see about possibly lowering it to 90 seconds or so.