cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Software (Audiotext Manager for Connection)under Cisco Unity tools.

Hello,

I have a question about a software call ( Audio-text Manager for Connection ) it's under Cisco Unity tools, and it supposed to use for export files from CM & Unity servers. I want to know if it this software approve by Cisco or not ? If yes, please send me the download link. The screenshot of the software in the attached file.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

On ciscounitytools.com, to determine if a tool is TAC Supported or not, there is a filter/search key for that. Interestingly, the search tool says the tool *is* TAC Supported, but inside the tool page it says it is not. That might be a version-related thing, for instance you can see that for sure it is not yet supported for CUCv14. (But I think that is just a matter of time.)

This tool is widely used and safe. I personally know Cisco TAC engineers that use it. So, given that there is conflict about whether it is supported or not, I might suggest a call to TAC to ask.

If you are asking because your company's policy says you can only use TAC-supported tools, then you will have your answer. If you are asking for safety reason, I can tell you from personal experience that it is a safe and effective tool. I'd say to practice in a lab environment first (or dCloud, if you don't have an internal lab) to make sure you know how to use the tool before you jump into your production environment.

Let us know if you have questions about the tool.

Maren

CUT.jpg

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

b.winter
VIP
VIP

If you already have the screenshot and the URL, you would have recognized in red: "Not TAC supported"

As it says at the "home" page:

This page is a collection of free Cisco Unity and Cisco Unity Connection related tools. These tools are for use against up to date and legally licensed Cisco server products which include Unity and Unity Connection. Many of the tools out here are TAC and BU supported, however a few are not. Those that are not TAC supported are clearly marked as such on their download page. If a tool is not supported by TAC, it is a "use at your own risk" tool.  You can get help with these tools using the public forum (link below), or from the developers supporting the tools site but TAC will not assist you.

Clear enough, isn't it?

Also, if you have already the URL, why don't you download it yourself?

The forum isn't here, to do the google search, or read manuals or download things for you, that you can do yourself.

Giving crap to new people asking a question is unhelpful and discourages questions, which is the point of all of us being here. Be polite.

Maren

On ciscounitytools.com, to determine if a tool is TAC Supported or not, there is a filter/search key for that. Interestingly, the search tool says the tool *is* TAC Supported, but inside the tool page it says it is not. That might be a version-related thing, for instance you can see that for sure it is not yet supported for CUCv14. (But I think that is just a matter of time.)

This tool is widely used and safe. I personally know Cisco TAC engineers that use it. So, given that there is conflict about whether it is supported or not, I might suggest a call to TAC to ask.

If you are asking because your company's policy says you can only use TAC-supported tools, then you will have your answer. If you are asking for safety reason, I can tell you from personal experience that it is a safe and effective tool. I'd say to practice in a lab environment first (or dCloud, if you don't have an internal lab) to make sure you know how to use the tool before you jump into your production environment.

Let us know if you have questions about the tool.

Maren

CUT.jpg

Thank you Maren! as you mentioned my company's policy says use only TAC-supported tools.

It's clear now!