cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Support of CUCM on ESX

Corey OBrien
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for clarification on support of CUCM 8.6.  I realize Cisco doesn't support hardware other than HP & IBM platforms that UCS ships with.  If you install CUCM on a different ESX platform, is the application supported but not the hardware or SAN?  Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco does support Spec Based Hardware on UCS, IBM and HP in virtulized environment on ESXi 4/4.1/5, see here:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Specification-Based_Hardware_Support

If you do not meet the requirements the application will not be supported by Cisco including TAC and you cannot count on any assistance with troubleshooting anything related to the application, i.e. call routing.

HTH,

Chris

Ok, thanks for the clarification.  I don't really understand the thinking behind Cisco's decision.  If you're a small shop, you get VMware shoved down your throat whether you want it or not and if you're enterprise class, you have to buy unnecessary hardware.  I guess that's another discussion though...

Corey,

I hear you, but looking at it from the other side it would be impossible to support all possible hardware variations as it would be impossible to test all variations hence the strict requirements.  At least they have been making concessions and support on UCS platforms now with VMWare, initially Cisco UC was only supported UCS platforms in virtualizes environment. 

HTH,

Please rate all useful posts!

Chris