cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The request to log into the Cisco Unified CCX application server timed out.

ccg-collab1
Level 2
Level 2

Hello Cisco Community! 

We are currently having issue regarding CAD. Multiple agents receive a timed out error when they log into CAD. The scenario is like this:

1. Agent tried to login and receive an error message:

"The request to log into the Cisco Unified CCX application server timed out. Please verify your system is online and try again.

2. Agent hit retry and an error message will appear:

"Another agent has logged in with the same extension. Your agent desktop will log out and the application will close."

3. Agent hit the OK and try to log in again, another error message will appear:

"The specified ID is already logged into an extension. Would you like to logout the ID so you can log in?"

After keep on trying, agent is successfully logged in. However, the issue is intermittent and occurs on most of the agents. Please see image attachments for reference.

Also, there was a time that the CUCM GUI is not responding when accessing it (intermittent), although ping to the server is ok.

System version and other info:

**CUCM 9.1.1.20000-5

**UCCX 9.0.2.11003-44

**LDAP is NOT used to log into CAD and Phone.

Hope you can help me. Thanks!

-Kenneth

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Also, there was a time that the CUCM GUI is not responding when accessing it (intermittent),

This is the main reason for all the issues that your agents are facing there. If the access to CUCM GUI is still slow, then restart the tomcat service using utils service restart Cisco Tomcat from CLI and then check if it resolves the issue or not.

Preferably, I would restart tomcat service on all the CM servers and then check.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCud29332/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Also, there was a time that the CUCM GUI is not responding when accessing it (intermittent),

This is the main reason for all the issues that your agents are facing there. If the access to CUCM GUI is still slow, then restart the tomcat service using utils service restart Cisco Tomcat from CLI and then check if it resolves the issue or not.

Preferably, I would restart tomcat service on all the CM servers and then check.

Regards

Deepak

HI Deepak Rawat,

Thank you for your reply. I have some followup questions:

1. How is the intermittent slowness in accessing CUCM GUI related to the issues that the agents are facing?

2. Why is that there is a need to restart the tomcat?

3. Checking the CUCM RTMT, there were alerts "Low swap partition available disk space" and "low available virtual memory", is this related to the slowness of CUCM GUI? Please see attached image.

1. How is the intermittent slowness in accessing CUCM GUI related to the issues that the agents are facing?

Answer : Please note once the agent puts his credential (i.e, userid, extension and pwd) in CAD, a request is being sent from UCCX to CUCM through LIB_AXL service which uses Tomcat service to traverse through. Now if Tomcat service on CUCM is not working fine that is quite evident since the publisher access is slow the response will also come slow or may not come at all causing agent login to fail

2. Why is that there is a need to restart the tomcat?

Answer : Because of above reason, you need to restart the Tomcat service

3. Checking the CUCM RTMT, there were alerts "Low swap partition available disk space" and "low available virtual memory", is this related to the slowness of CUCM GUI? Please see attached image.

Answer : I really don't think this is related but cannot confirm, might need to look into the logs. At this point, I think you should focus more towards resolving the issue and then if you are really interested in RCA, contact TAC with the required logs.

Regards

Deepak

Again thank you for your response and apologize for the trouble. If that is the case, why do you think is the tomcat is suddenly not working fine? I also reseached on the alerts i saw in rtmt, and from the forums, their recommended action is also to restart the tomcat service. So i have assumed this has something to do or is somewhat related with our issue. 

As for the restarting of the tomcat, do you have an existing documentation which regards to your answer in number 1 question? just for reference.

Thanks for your great support.

Kenneth

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCud29332/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Regards

Deepak

This is great. We'll review on this and get back on you for updates. 

Thank you.

Kenneth

Hi Deepak,

Just an update, we were not able to restart the Tomcat service as the CLI and GUI of the server went into an inaccessible state. I think we were too late in doing that. So our next move was to restart the CUCM publisher from the VM. After the restart, the CUCM Pub is now accessible but a restart of the CCX engine and Tomcat from the UCCX server is a must too. Our system is ok now.

We were able to get RCA from Cisco TAC too, and just as you found out it was a bug for our CUCM version. There is a separate bug ID given but is quite similar to what you have provided us. It is the bug/defect:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCue33973/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Thank you for your great support! Hope this info would be beneficial to others in the future. Cheers!!

Regards,

Kenneth