cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unassigned users detected on CUPS 10.5. Two servers in HA cluster. both show normal state.

Joshua Engels
Level 1
Level 1

Unassigned users detected. Presence information for these users will not be available until these users are assigned.  10 users unassigned and I don't see how to manually assign them. 

6 Replies 6

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1) Make sure the users which are showing as Unassigned has the Enable User for Unified CM IM and Presence checkbox checked at the End User level on CM

2 ) Navigate to User Management > Assign Presence Users > Find > Selected User that
needed to be assigned > Selected the Node > Save

3) What status are you able to see when go to CM Administration > System > Presence Redundancy Group > Find

Regards

Deepak

I have the same problem, our cluster have two CUPS in High Availability mode; and the State on the Presence Redundancy Group Configuration appears as follow:

Moniored Server / Assigned Users/ Active Users / Server State / Reason / Server Action

IP add 1 / 46 / 0 / Failed Over / Normal / Fallback

ip add 2 /  45 / 91 / Running in Backup Mode / Peer Down / [BLANK]

Please do not post a new question on a four year old post. It’s much easier to get help if you create your own post.

It appears that your system is running in failover mode. Quite likely you’d be needed to press the Fallback option on the presence group page to get it back to normal state.

Response Signature

thank you very much for both things; I will create new post on future; and your answer solved our problema.

You really know this stuf

Thank you for the kind words. Glad to hear that I could help you.

Response Signature

Thank you Deepak - that was spot on, although I'm not sure why we had to manually intervene for my 5 specific users