Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified messaging ISSUES!

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

Folks,

Just configured unified messaging with exchange 2003 out of the box with unity 4.0(4)SR1.

If someone leaves a voicemail for me, i can retrieve it from my mailbox. But if someone sends me an e-mail, unity does not tell me that i have a new message?? is that a normal behavious??? I wanted to configure TTS so that unity would read e-mails to me (we have licenses for it).

Also i noticed that under licensing, i see that i have 50 unified messaging licenses but none of them is being used, all subscribers i imported are being counted under subsciber mailboxes???

What am i doing wrong???

4 Replies 4

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check the Class of Service you belong to.

Under Licensed Features, check the Text-to-Speech for e-mail messages

As for the license count, the number of messaging license used will remain at 0. If you are licensed for Unified messaging, you should have the same quantity for both Subscriber Mailboxes and Maximum Unified messaging subscribers

I do not.

I have Subcriber Mailboxes licensed for 50 users and only 10 are being utilized right now. But, Maximum unified messaging subscribers shows up as 50, but utilized shows up as zero?? Why is that?

Also, I do not see Text-to-speech e-mail messages under license?, but, i do see 2 real speak session license would that be enough to play e-mail messages over the phone?

In unity, you are either licensed for voicemail-only or unified messaging. So if you are utilizing 10 licenses for Subcriber Mailboxes, then it is implied that you are also using 10 licenses for Maximum unified messaging subscribers.

>>see 2 real speak session license

That is enough.

What you want to do is open the Unity SaWeb page, look on the left side for Licensed Features, check the Text-to-Speech for e-mail messages

Is Unified Messaging Subscribers showing up as 0? Or are they showing up as a - ?

Your license screen should look like the following for UM:

Licensed seats for: Total Used Unused

Subscriber Mailboxes 50 10 40

Cisco Unity Inbox Subscribers 0 0 0

Secondary Server Licensed 0 -

Unified Messaging Subscribers 50 - -

The - is normal and just means that your Subscriber mailboxes are licensed for Unified Messaging. As all subscribers are either VM only or UM, it just displays if UM is licensed or not. Treat the - like a N/A (Not Applicable).

To enable access to Text-to-Speech for some (or all) of your users, create a Class-of-Service (you can copy the default Subscriber Class) and then under the Class-of-Service configuration menu, select "Licensed Features" and check the Text-to-Speech box and save the changes. Then apply the Class-of-Service to the users who get TTS. If you want everyone to use TTS, then just make the above changes to the existing Default Class.