cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0.3 - AA forwarding to non-subscribers

jvanick
Level 1
Level 1

I have a unity box set up within my corporate network and I want to make it possible for callers to access other company wide users by calling the unity auto-attendant.

That is, I want to be able to forward calls based on my callmanager forwarding rules. But when I key in a extension or dial pattern that's not recognized by unity, it won't let me transfer the call.

I'm aware that this could have the implications of creating toll fraud, but the trunks I want to access are internal circuits that go from my callmanager/unity network to my legazy pbx's.

Is there any way to accomplish this within Unity, without transfering the call to a IPCC Express script?

-J

5 Replies 5

milucero
Level 1
Level 1

Hi J,

In order for Unity to be able to dial a user via the directory or the opening greeting, that user must have a record in Unity, either a subscriber, or an internet subscriber. Unity has to "know" about the users. So I would suggest creating these other users as Internet Subscribers that way they will not take up any licenses, and then you will be able to dial them from within Unity.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I currently have an issue with internet subscribers, they are not shown on the Directory Handler, i can dial the number of the person i want to reach but when i try to use the directory handler its not searching for internet subscribers, even if i assign a COS special for internet subscribers and try to do the search by COS on the Call Handler, i hope you can help if you now anything about this.

Regards,

Claudio.

Hi -

I believe you can use a Public Distribution List as the search criteria for a directory handler that also includes Internet subscribers. However, I onlly have experience in using a public list that contains Unity subscribers. The distribution list can be created in your Exchange environment and then imported into Unity. Change the Search Option on the directory handler to the specified Public Distribution List and then save.

Regards,

Ginger

Hi,

I currently found the problem with my issue, the directory handler is not showing the internet subscribers names because they don´t have a recorded name, i only need to record the name for al internet subscribers and thats all, they will be shown on directory handler.

Thanks for your patience an help.

Regards,

Claudio Rivas

Hi Claudio,

Make sure the Internet users have a recorded name, if a user has not done this, it will not show up in directory.

Thanks,

Mike