cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(5) - Failover - Unity_<servername> account in seperate mailstores

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

If the mailstore that the Unity_<servername> is down, Unity will not start (unless you force it to with the registry changes).

So, just curious, if I have a Unity failover system, can I place the primary Unity_servername account in Mailstore1 and the secondary Unity_servername account in Mailstore2?

This way, if Mailstore1 goes down, Unity will failover to the secondary go into UMR mode instead of Unity not being able to start.

1 Reply 1

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think you are making it more complicated then it needs to be. You basically have two choices..

If you Unity Primary and Failover pointed to (1) Exchange store and exchange goes offline, Unity will still work. It spools the voicemails, takes messages and waits for Exchange to come back online, then dumps the messages over.

The other way you are thinking of... you would need to put Exchange into a Cluster. This will help Unity point to one store, but spread across a cluster. If Exchange01 goes down in a 3 server, Unity does not care, because it still sees the store being up.

Make sense?