Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.04 and Exchange 5.5 and Voicemail only

rnarayana
Level 5
Level 5

Hello ,

We have unity 3.1.3 and excahnge 5.5 on box.We want to upgrade unity 4.04 voicemail .Can any please confirm that exchange 5.5 supported on box with unity 4.0.4

Thanks,

Radhika

4 Replies 4

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Technically it is supported still however the time will come when we end of life support for that type of configuration because Microsoft is planning to end of life support for Exchange 5.5. If you are going to do the upgrade now might be a good time to get on Exchange 2000 to ensure future support.

Thanks,

Keith

Keith,

This is a part of the migration that we doing from voicemail to unified.WE have 3.1.3 and exchange 5.5 on box.There are two other server for new unified messaging.So after the migration it will be unified messaging wiht 4.0.4 with off box Exchange 2000.

What I was thinking is upgrade the exsisting voicemail only server to 4.0.4 take Dirt backup.Thats the reason that I was asking about exchange 5.5 and unity 4.0.4

Install 4.0.4 on the new servers and restore the backup on the new box.Then use "migrate subscriber data" to map the subscribers of exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000.

Can you please verify the process of the upgrade and any precaustions to be taken.

Thanks,

Radhika

OK I see what you are doing and that will work fine.

Thanks,

Keith

Keith,

Thanks a lot for your input on this.