cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0(1) / Exchange 2010 - Unable to logon to MAPI mailbox

austin.fraga
Level 1
Level 1

Currently running Unity 5.0(1) ES88 with Exchange 2010. Connectivity/operation is fine during the day, but in the middle of the night UMR kicks in and I get the following messages in the app log:

Event Type:    Error

Event Source:    CiscoUnity_MALEx

Event Category:    Error

Event ID:    30007

Date:        7/27/2011

Time:        3:26:26 AM

User:        N/A

Computer:    XXXXXXXX

Description:

An error occurred while AvUMRSyncSvr tried to logon to MAPI mailbox cn=Unity_XXXXXXX,cn=Recipients,ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),o=XXX on server XXXXXXXX. The MAPI subsystem return the following error: The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available.  Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance.

Event Source:    CiscoUnity_MALEx

Event ID:    30012

Date:        7/27/2011

Time:        2:04:30 AM

Description:

An occurred which prevents successful Exchange access by AvUMRSyncSvr via MAPI.

This is typically an indication of configuration issues with Unity, Exchange, or the MAPI subsystem.

Verify that the Unity services accounts are granted the correct permissions and that there are no issues with installation.  The SysCheck utility may assist in diagnosing the problem.

Exchange is never down and you can ping Exchange from Unity the entire time, you can also use MFC MAPI during the same time period to access Exchange using the Cisco Default MAPI Profile. Connectivity is not restored until the Message Store Configuration Wizard is run, rebooting doesn't help, nor does restarting the AvUMRSyncSvr service. I followed the Unity 5.0(1) with Exchange 2010 document precisely and have gone back throught the process multiple times. I've run the permissions wizard multiple times as well. I have had a TAC case opened with Cisco for 6 weeks now and frankly they have no idea what is causing this.

Any advice or insight is appreciated!

3 Replies 3

Have you tried to delete the MAPI profile in Unity registry?

1. Log on to the Cisco Unity server with the help of an account which             has Local Administrator privileges. This is required to allow changes to the             registry.

2. Go to the Start menu and choose Settings             > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Look for             the AvCsMgr service and note what the "Log On As" value is set to for this             service. Specifically, note if it is the Local system or a domain             account.

3. Check which domain account AvCsMgr is active as, and then log off             from the current windows session and log back on as the same account in which             the AvCsMgr isactive, and continue with Step 4here. If AvCsMgr is active as the             local system account, go back to the start of this document to make sure that             have assigned the correct Cisco Unity service accounts to the Cisco Unity             services.

4. Go to the Start menu and choose             Run.

5. Type regedit.exe and click             OK.

6. If AvCsMgr was running as a domain account, go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

If AvCsMgr was running as the local system account, go to:

HKEY_USERS\Default \Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

Note: Both places should be checked, as this account may be changed in                 the history of your system from Local to Domain.

7. Right-click the Unity System Profile entry and             choose Delete.

8. Restart the Cisco Unity server.

Note: Another potential problem with the MAPI profile could be if your                 MAPI profile is not pointing to the correct Global Catalog (GC) Server. Refer                 to                 Cisco bug ID CSCea26846 (registered customers only)          for more details.

Once the accounts that Cisco Unity services uses to log on and the             MAPI profile have been checked, proceed with these troubleshooting steps, which             verifies that the account Unity_<ServerName> is             configured correctly:

Gabriel.

Thank you for the reply! Yes, one of the steps I took with TAC was to delete and recreate the Unity System Profile. I'm thinking our solution is going to be a bit unique, as even the Cisco BU appears to be stumped as to cause of this issue.

A test I ran late last night was to run a series of tests in which I allowed a period of time to elapse between voicemail messages. I tried 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes, and 1 hour intervals. Went I left a message at the 1 hour 15 minute mark, UMR kicked in. Has anyone ever heard of a timeout issue between Unity/Exchange when no messages have been delivered for 1hr 15min+ ?

Just trying to think outside the box to solve this issue...

-Austin

(Apologies for thread-hijack)

Hi,

I am also having the same errors as Austin above, in addition to the following at five minute intervals:

Event Source:    CiscoUnity_UMR

Event ID:    137

Date:        17/08/2011

Time:        2:04:30 AM

Description:

Attempts to deliver Unity Message Repository messages have failed due to Unity configuration or connectivity issues with the Partner Mail Server.

AvUMRSyncSvr will suspend message delivery for 300 seconds, after which message delivery will be attempted again.

During this outage, messages may accumulate in the temporary store. 0x0000265C

This is causing recorded messages to stack up in the UnityMTA repository during the day, eventually being delivered hours or days later when UMR re-establishes connections!

This has been raised with TAC for a few weeks so far without resolution, we have been through the same troubleshooting steps well documented.

I'll let you know if we get a resolution on this and what our actions were in case this is a more common problem.

If anybody else has any useful suggestions please let me know!

Regards, Ash.