Replies

Unity 7.0.2 Call Handler

David Hunt
Level 1
Level 1

Morning friends,

Cisco Unity 7.0.2

Cisco Call Manager 7.0.2

I need help in attempting to resolve a phone issue. Something recently changed in our phone system and I am trying to figure out what happened because the administrator in charge is no longer a member of the organization.

Ideally we would like the system to behave like this…

When callers reach ext 3200 they are forwarded to a greeting that changes daily…… “ Welcome… today is…blah blah blah… . please stay on the line for further information”

After this daily greeting, the callers should be silently transferred over to 3201 which plays another greeting… “Please press 1 for… Press 2 for….”

Like I said, that is the way it should work and at one point it was working this way…

I looking at Unity, I noticed a call handler that contains message that used to work, however, instead of the call being redirected to this call handler, it goes to the “standard” greeting in voice mail. Does anyone know how to get the call redirected to the call handler instead of the standard voice mail greeting? or... can this standard voice mail greeting be setup to work as outlined above? or... is there a better way to achieve the ideal situtation?

Can anyone please provide any information on how to resolve this issue? Thank you in advance.

David Hunt

9 Replies 9

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

I'm sure we can figure this out

Couple questions;

Is 3200 on an IP phone or CTI-RP or how does it route to Unity?

Have you checked to see what Greeting is enabled for 3200 (Call Handler)

When you say the "Standard" Greeting, can you elaborate. What exactly

is played back to callers?

Can you get to 3201? If so does it still route properly?

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

there is not phone that has 3200 as its number... it is just in the "system"

It is the standard greeting that is played when listening to the call handler.

Callers are not hearing this call handler greeting, instead they are hearing a Standard Voice Mail greeting.

Yes I can get to 3201 and it works perfectly.

Thank you again

David

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

Well...at least 3201 is working so we're halfway there

Can you please try recording the Alternate Greeting for 3200 and then

testing to see if it gets played when callers reach it.

Cheers!

Rob

Morning Rob,

First off, congrats on your 13,000th post!!

I was able to sucessfully create an alternative message for the subscriber. I did not rerecord any new message for the call handler becasue it does not appear that the system is routing call to this function, what it appears to be doing is going over to the subscriber standard greeting

Thanks

David

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey David,

Thanks man! Here we go with crappy answer number 13,001

I'm sorry but I'm a tad lost here (nothing new!)

Is 3200 defined in Unity as a Call Handler or a Subscriber? Or can you even

find 3200 in Unity?

When you say it's going "over to the subscriber standard greeting" can you determine what

subscriber?

Can you tell us exactly what plays when you call 3200 (word for word)

We need to also determine how a call to 3200 reached Unity. I know you said 3200 is not on a phone

but did you search in CUCM under CTI- Route Points? Or is it just a Translation Pattern?

More questions than answers...........

Cheers!

Rob

hi Rob...

it appears to be both a call handler and a subscriber.they only reason why I believe that is becasue under the subscribers is one "destined" to be used....

what is happening is callers dial or get transfered to 3200.

In call manager, directory number 3200 is setup to "forward to Voicemail". When I clear this and try to dial, I get a fast busy, so, call manager is setup to forward to voice mail

the message that plays back is the standard voice mail greeting as defined by the number 3200 under the subscribers section of Unity not the Call Handler.

does that help?

David

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

OK....we know how we are getting to Unity so that is great

Let's go to the subcriber @ 3200.

Record a new Alternate Greeting and make sure to set it as active (no end date)

On the Alternate Greeting page set the "after greeting action" to go to the

Call Handler @ 3201.

Test

Let us know.

Cheers!

Rob

Morning Rob,

thank you Rob

while there is a call handler for 3200, there is no call handler for 3201...

this is what I did...

I attempted to add a new call handler for 3201. After attempting to assign this new call handler to extension 3201 I get an error indicating that this cannot be done becasue 3201 is an subscriber....

So, I created a new call handler for a different extension not in use anywhere, 3210. I record a simple test greeting. When I go back to 3200 and select this for the call handler, no errors anywhere.

now when a user calls 3200 after the call they are silently transfered over to ex 3210.

Thank you for all of your help. I woul dhave never of got it done without you...

David

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey David,

You are most welcome my friend

I'm not sure what help I offered but I am glad you got this sorted. Great work!

Cheers!

Rob