cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7 integration with multiple AD domains/Exchange servers

calkins.t
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Unity 7 setup that is currently in our Windows 2008 AD domain and partnered to our Exchange 2007 cluster.  We merged with another company that maintains their own AD domain and Exchange cluster.  Can I integrate Unity with the new Exchange servers and keep the integration in place with our existing Exchange cluster?  The new company wants to start using our CUCM and Unity but is not ready to migrate to our AD and Exchange.

7 Replies 7

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unity has only one partner Exchange server at a time. That being said, subscribers can be homed on any Exchange server in the forest. Do you have one forest and multiple domains or multiple forests? Multiple domains within a forest will work. Multiple forests will be more problematic.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

That confirms what I thought.  Thank you for the reply.  Checking with the

AD admins as to what the forest looks like.

Has this changed at all in Unity 8?

No. I've been running Unity 8 for quite a while. The core product is the same. You still have one partner Exchange server.

Brandon

I am thinking what I am going to do in this situation is create AD accounts with Exchange in the domain where the Unity resides, then forward all of their Email to their Exchange account.

That would work. The only downside I see is that this will break MWI. If their voicemails are forwarded, Unity will never know to turn on the MWI light on their phone.

Brandon

Yup.