Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 9.0 BAT tool spreadsheet/text file example

ryanland10
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was hoping someone could provide me with some direction regarding the BAT tool for Unity 9.0. I have an excel spreadsheet with basic information including names and extenstions I'd like to import. I'm assuming I need to configure the columns within the spreadsheet in a certain fashion so they can be imported with the BAT tool, is this correct? I tried to import the spreasheet I have and the BAT tool said I need the following columns: templatealias, alias, and extenstion. I obviously know what the extension column would be about as well as the alias but am not sure about the templatealias? Is anyone able to provide an example spreadsheet/text file I could model my spreadsheet after so I can proceed with the import?

Thanks,

Ryan

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Configure a phone just as you want it, then export it using BAT, then just fill in the info as required.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ryan,

Just to add a note to the good tips from Java (+5 "J")

The templatealias is just the name of the template you are using

for your user settings. If you haven't created custom templates

then it would just be VoiceMailUserTemplate as shown in the

example below.

Constructing the Input CSV Files in Cisco Unity Connection 9.x

BAT supports only UTF-8 and UTF-16 character set encoding for the text in the CSV file.

To quickly construct an input CSV file, you can use BAT to export the  applicable type of user, contact, system distribution list, system  distribution list members, or unified messaging accounts, and use the  resulting output CSV file as a template.

The following example shows a CSV file for creating voicemail users. To  construct the file, voicemail users were exported to a CSV file. Then,  unwanted columns and data were removed from the file. Finally, the  TemplateAlias column and the applicable data were added. (Note that the  data for DisplayName—an optional field—is missing for several users.)

Example CSV Input File for Creating Voicemail Users

Alias,DisplayName,FirstName,LastName,TemplateAlias,Extension,ListInDirectory
iwinkler,"Winkler, Ian",Ian,Winkler,VoiceMailUserTemplate,5321,1
jsmith,,John,Smith,VoiceMailUserTemplate,5126,1
cjones,"Jones, Cris",Cris,Jones,VoiceMailUserTemplate,5249,1
dalbert,,Dan,Albert,VoiceMailUserTemplate,5299,1
jlee,"Lee, Jane",Jane,Lee,VoiceMailUserTemplate,5324,1
jthompson,"Thompson, Jim",Jim,Thompson,VoiceMailUserTemplate,5029,1
swong,"Wong, Sara",Sara,Wong,VoiceMailUserTemplate,5260,1
rhunter,"Hunter, Russ",Russ,Hunter,VoiceMailUserTemplate,5229,1
cashmore,,Carol,Ashmore,VoiceMailUserTemplate,5403,1
lcarson,"Carson, Lauren",Lauren,Carson,VoiceMailUserTemplate,5999,1

Whether you modify an output CSV file or create a CSV file from scratch,  use the following guidelines, along with the tables in the "Required and Optional CSV Fields" section to construct a valid input CSV file for use with the BAT:

The  first row in your CSV file must contain column headings that identify  the type of data in each column; information in the subsequent rows must  contain the data that you want to import.

Ensure  that commas separate the data in each row in your CSV file, including  the column headings in the first row. Do not use a tab, spaces, or a  semicolon to separate values in the file.

Although  the data must be arranged in the same order as the column heading, the  order in which you arrange the columns is unimportant.

If the CSV file includes a column that you want BAT to ignore, use the column heading "Junk."

If any data includes a space, quotes, or commas, contain it within quotes.

We recommend that your data not include double-quotes because it can  cause problems with interactions with external servers. If the data does  include double-quotes, place an additional double-quote next to each  double-quote. For example, if the data is My "Spare Phone", the entry  must be My ""Spare Phone"".

Column headings are not case sensitive, but they must be spelled as indicated in the tables in the "Required and Optional CSV Fields" section. Columns that are designated not applicable (N/A) for an operation are ignored.

(Applicable only to Cisco Unity Connection configurations) For creating user accounts, most optional fields that are listed in the  CSV field tables correspond to settings defined in a user template. For  example, for voicemail users, the default template includes class of  service (COS), call transfer, and message notification settings. When  data for a particular user setting is not included in the CSV file, BAT  uses settings in the user template that you specify in the required  field TemplateAlias. For this reason, you should review the settings in  the user template that you use to create the accounts before adding any  of the optional column headers to your CSV file. If a value for an  optional field is not included in the CSV file, and if the template does  not specify a default value, then the value for the field is not set.

Here are the "required" fields;

Table A-2     Required and Optional CSV Fields for Users With Voice Mailboxes 

Column Heading
Creating
Updating
Deleting
Description

Alias

Required

Required

Required

The unique text name for the user account.

Any combination of ASCII or Unicode alphanumeric characters, periods,  commas, spaces, and the special characters `, ~, !, @, #, $, %, ^,  &, -, _, ', up to a maximum of 64 characters.

We recommend that you use only printable ASCII characters in the Alias  field, because some messaging features do not support non-printing ASCII  characters or Unicode. (The non-printing ASCII control characters are  those below code 0x20.) For example, IMAP only supports user names that  contain printable ASCII characters, so users with Connection aliases  that contain non-printing characters or Unicode are unable to access  their Connection messages via IMAP clients. In addition, the Cisco  Object Backup and Restore Application Suite (COBRAS) will be unable to  back up messages for such users, because COBRAS uses IMAP to perform the  backup.

Extension

Required

Optional

N/A

The number that callers dial to reach the user.

The value must be unique among users in the partition.

Any combination of ASCII alphanumeric characters, from 3 to 40 characters long.

TemplateAlias

Required

N/A

N/A

The unique text name for the user template to apply to the account during creation.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/user_mac/guide/9xcucmacappa.html#wp1179941

Cheers!

Rob

"What you don't have you don't need it now" 

- U2

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: