Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity AA Greeting Caller "cutoff" the first part

avattuone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I found in one unity 4 installation users complaining that on some calls can't hear the first piece (half second)of the main greeting.

something like instead of hearing "welcome to company xyz" they hear "ome to company xyz"

any ideas?

Thanks,

Adrian

6 Replies 6

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Adrian -

Is this a CallManager integration? If so, check the phone load (firmware) on the phone, also what version of CCM you are running. We experienced a problem similar to this when testing a new phone load that was corrected by going back to the previous version.

Regards,

Ginger

Ginger,

Is a CCM integration, but the callers are from the PSTN ...

Hi -

Is this the only greeting that behaves in this way? Or are other greetings or Unity prompts also having this problem when callers come from the PSTN? Sounds as though the greeting plays fine when called from an IP phone ...

Sorry for the extra questions

Regards,

Ginger

Ginger,

Yes is the only way and is the only greeting that gets cut off. Just the very begining for a split second. It's not the first time that I have seem that, in different versions of unity & ccm.

Looks like the talk path on the PSTN end takes an extra "split second" to get established.

That's most noticeable when the call is comming from a cellphone or international.

My questions was more generic ie: there is way to verify when a unity prompt is played once unity answers that call?

The usual workaround is to leave some silence at the very begining of the recording.

Thanks,

Adrian

Hi Adrian -

You can track an incoming call using either the Call Viewer or Port status monitor and see when the auto attendant greeting plays. I'll bet there are micro traces to capture more detail on the timing, but I'm not sure which ones for this. Perhaps another Cisco forum guru can help here?

Ginger

cdickerson
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get a resolution to this problem? I'm experiencing the same issue with a Unity 7 setup. thanks.