cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 10.5 integration with Office 365 to support Voicemail to email

jimihendrix1
Level 1
Level 1

Using the attached document I am trying to integrate unity connection with Office 365 and have managed to query the domain names and its resolving fine, however I get the below error from the my user account on the Unity connection server, which seems to be related to "Proper permissions not granted to service account or  Exchange mailbox uninitialized"  see below screenshot.

My Questions are 

1) In Office 365 under Exchange settings / users account in my  Phone and Voice Features Unified Messaging is currently Disabled, Should this feature be Enabled for Unified messaging with Unity Connection to work? See below screenshot.

2) Also when I view active users / user account / product licenses my exchange online plan is off, Do I need to purchase this feature for unified messaging to work? See below screenshot

3)The big question is do I need either or both of these features in enabled to support Unified messaging with Unity Connection? Or Is their anyway I can ensure this works without having to purchase license? ie demo/trial licenses etc.

Thanks you!!!

Unity Connection Server user account error under unified messaging setting.

ad

Office 365 Unified messaging currently disabled

ad

Exchange online plan license not purchased 

ad

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, you do not need UM enabled on Office365, make sure your integration user is properly formatted  as that is usually the root cause of Office365 integrations. Have you read this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/unified_messaging/guide/10xcucumgx/10xcucumg025.html

View solution in original post

From the failed test screen shot it appears you might not have set the permissions properly for the account. I would review it and make sure the password is not set for required change, etc.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, you do not need UM enabled on Office365, make sure your integration user is properly formatted  as that is usually the root cause of Office365 integrations. Have you read this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/unified_messaging/guide/10xcucumgx/10xcucumg025.html

Yes I have read this document. Can you please give me an example regarding the integration user is formatted correctly.

Thank you!

Make sure that the specified hosted exchange server is the same as what you would setup in Outlook, i.e. "outlook.office365.com", and then the account is something like "CiscoUM@yourdomain.com"

Yes I have sorry, I had to use the onmicrosoft.com name, as thats how the UM account was created, originally on 0365, see below screenshot.

Thank you!

From the failed test screen shot it appears you might not have set the permissions properly for the account. I would review it and make sure the password is not set for required change, etc.

Interesting so I doubled checked the account permissions and reset the password, now I get the below error, "Incorrect authentication mode" etc, see below, screen shot.

We definitely onto something here Chris, Thanks man!

So - I am having a similar problem. I have double checked everything and it is per documentation. However, what I have discovered is that if you have Modern Authentication enabled on Office 365 (for MFA and other benefits) then you may find that Basic Authentication does not work. I know that it can, for example in Powershell, if you specify the correct -Authentication Basic parameter. NTLM is not support for Exchange Online and OAuth authentication is not an option.

I am looking in to seeing if Basic Authentication can be enabled per user... Will get back to you.

Ah - so if you set MFA on the user - it disables Basic Authentication. So to lock down this highly sensitive user account - use conditional access to deny access to anything but the IP address of the Unity server. And then disable MFA, and Basic Authentication is restored.