Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 10.5 ldap (AD) delete users

phwang1234
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a unity connection 10.5 server integrated with ldap (active directory 2008). I can import voicemail users from ldap.

When I deleted the user from AD I would also like the voicemail user to be removed from unity connection automatically. This happens with cucm the end user is removed from cucm, but this does not occur with unity connection. It seems the user is converted to a local unity connection user instead and takes up a license. Is there a way to automatically delete these users from the unity connection system when the user is deleted from AD?

Regards,

Paul

3 Replies 3

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

That is working as design CUC handles users differently see below.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/design/guide/10xcucdgx/10xcucdg040.html

Note the following regarding Unity Connection users whose LDAP user accounts were disabled or deleted, or who were synchronized via an LDAP directory configuration that was deleted from Unity Connection:

The users can continue to sign in to Unity Connection by phone during the period in which Unity Connection is converting them from an LDAP-synchronized user to a standalone user.
Their messages are not deleted.
Callers can continue to leave messages for these Unity Connection users.

(Rate if it helps)

JB

JB is correct (+5), and my view of this is in alignment with what Cisco does as for compliance reasons, etc. most customers would not want to lose voicemail messages when a user is removed from LDAP. You want to retain the messages until time when it's no longer needed, hence the way it works.

Is there a way to disable this compliance feature, or to set a parameter that converts the VM box to a local account for 30 days prior to deleting the box?