cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection (11.5) Subscriber Restore Procedure

ybpants
Level 5
Level 5

I need to restore a Unity Connection subscriber that is running in active/active mode and I am having trouble finding the definitive answer on the process.

I understand that the publisher will replicate the database to the subscriber and that works fine but what about the other config on the server, and by other config I mean certs and SAML SSO.

Restoring the publisher restores the certs and SSO config and that works great but a rebuild of the subscriber means that the certs and SSO need to be reconfigured.  If that is the process that works for me but i was just wondering if there was a better way.

thanks

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

While the general procedure for rebuilding Unity Connection subscriber is covered in "Replacing a Subscriber Server or the Hard Disks in a Subscriber Server in a Unity Connection 9.x Cluster" of the following link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/upgrade/guide/9xcucrugx/9xcucrug040.html#90249

Regarding certificates, with Unity Connection you can rebuild the sub from the pub and the pub from the sub. So theoretically you only need a DRS backup from  one server as you can always rebuild both as long as you have one running. However, if you have custom certificates installed, you may want to backup the platform so you can restore those, as those would be lost if rebuilding from scratch with no DRS restore.

HTH

Manish

Thanks Manish,

so for the sub backup/restore I would just select the CUC feature as that contains the platform piece?

thanks

Yes, the platform component should take care of the certificates.

Manish

I had to restore our CUC subscriber as well but when I go to DRS I can only select the publisher for recovery.

It lists only the following components (please see table below). Name of sub is CUC02. If I choose feature CUC I can only select CUC01 server afterwards. I did a reinstallation of sub by ISO and used utils cuc cluster overwritedb command to copy all the data from pub to sub but certificate (tomcat) is still not there. Any suggestion how to get it copied over?

Feature Server Component

CUCCUC01PLATFORM
CUCCUC01CDPAGT
CUCCUC01CLM
CUCCUC01SYSLOGAGT
CUCCUC01TCT
CONNECTION_DATABASECUC01DATABASE
CONNECTION_GREETINGS_VOICENAMESCUC01GREETVN
CONNECTION_MESSAGES_UNITYMBXDB1CUC01MESSAGES
CONNECTION_HTML_NOTIFICATIONCUC01

NOTIFICATION

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: