Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.X import mutiple notification devices

I have to import about 600 mailboxes with BAT and each of these has 2-3 pagers that need to escalate from one to another.  Is there any way to import them all with the BAT .csv?

The docs don't really specify anything beyond Pager1.  Would I just use Pager2 and Pager3 in the CSV headings?  Or, would I need to import via .csv and then export the BAT data for the mailboxes and then make my changes for the pagers and then update BAT?

Thanks

Rob

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Looking at the docs, I've wondered this myself.  I believe that you SHOULD be able to append the number and add the rows at once; however, I'm not sure it works that way.  The hint for me is in the Alt Extension parameters where the document explicity lists multiple Alt Extensions (with 1,2,3, etc.) added to the field.  With the other parameters, it only specifies the single device.  I would say it won't hurt to try a test user in the format you want to work - the worst it can do is not work.  If it doesn't, you'll have to do this like Alternate Extensions are done with Unity - except you'll update the Pager field.  So, you add the users with only Pager1 in the headers.  Then do updates to each user record and each time specify a new number in the Pager1 field.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Unity Conn definitely doesn't recognize the altered .CSV headers.  Also, the export doesn't contain anything other than the default system notification devices.  I don't see any option other than manually entering in the Pager2 info.  Pager2 can be inserted via the template, so all that needs to be done is to change the dialed number.

Unfortunately, I thought would be the case. You should be able to just work up a series of edit files specifying alias and then the updated Pager1.

Thanks for the repost. Good info.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: