cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.6 clusters consolidation.

bkhanal1971
Level 3
Level 3

I have two standalone CUC 8.6 clusters in two locations . Now I want to consolidate them into a single cluster possibly running the same version (8.6) and restore the data from the servers in the existing servers using COBRA. So I am trying to figure out what is the best way to do it. Some specific questions are:

1. Can I keep one of the existing clusters with more users/mailboxes as it is and install a new subscriber for the other side of the WAN link? And of course restore the CUC database using COBRA. Or it is better to build a new cluster with new CUC installation and restore the database from both clusters?

2. I am also planning to upgrade the CUC version from existing 8.6 to 9.1 so should I perform the upgrade before or after the CUC cluster consolidation?

Thank you for all your help.

Khanal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should do this at the site where the UCXN publisher is at.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Keep one of the clusters and just add another server, then restore the data from other cluster using COBRAS

2. Keep upgrade seperate and do it after

HTH,

Chris

Appreciate your response Chris. It is exactly what I needed to know. One more thing, since I will be installing the subscriber server at the other side of the WAN link, where should I restore the database, in the cluster where publisher resides or the subscriber itself? or it doesnot matter?

Thank you, Khanal

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should do this at the site where the UCXN publisher is at.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thank you. Much appreciated!