Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.X Mailbox restore

Hello,

I have a customer that needs to be able to restore a user's voicemails to a given date from backup.   My initial thought was to build a UCCXN box in VmWare to the same version they have and then restore that box from backup.   The problem I think I'm going to run into is "pulling" these voicemails off of the UCCXN box after I restore it from backup.   I'm sure I can work through those details but wanted to ask if there's an easier way to do this.   Is there 1) a utility on the Unity tools site that I can use to simplify this? and 2) is there any way to pull the wav file off of UCCXN without me having to forward them to exchange?

Thanks in advance,

Glenn

9 Replies 9

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Glenn,

There are a couple of tools that may be of value for you depending on the exact requirements.  With COBRAS you can backup and restore select objects to include Subscribers and voice messages (optional).  However, when you restore Subscriber information you are restoring the full account - i.e., Caller Input rules, greetings, and etc.  You can select which objects (Subscribers here) to backup but you can't select which components of those objects get restored.

There is also the DRS Message Fisher.  With DRS, you can pull specific messages out of a DRS backup.  From there you could review the .WAV files or restore them to a Subscriber.  DRS Message fisher works for Unity Connection 7.x or later.

I would say take a look at the functionality provided with both of those tools and see how they may/may not work for your requirements.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Hailey,

Thanks for the reply.  It looks like DRS Message Fisher might do what I'm looking to do but it looks like it will only work with UCCXN 7.X, not 8.X

Thanks,

Glenn

Yes, the DRS folks (shared platform resource used by several VTG products including Connection) started encrypting the TAR files from the backups - which means DRS Message Fisher can't go in and pull out specific messages for specific users as it used to be able to do.  They were supposed to provide a mechanism to allow us to get in there but it keeps getting pushed back on their to-do list...

Thanks for the reply.   Is there any idea of when this will be available for 8.x?   AIso there a way to not encrypt backups so this utility can beused with UCCXN 8.x?

Thanks, Glenn

The DRS folks have not comitted to it officially - so, no - I can't - it may never happen so far as I know at this point.

Is there anyway to not encrypt the DRS backups so the previous utility will work?

Thanks, Glenn

Hi,

Is there any development on DRS Message Fisher supporting Unity Connection 8.x?  Thanks!

The latest I got from TAC on 6/30/11 was the following:

After sharing this with the higher level support the answer is yes it is on the roadmap... just not sure where as decrypting is usually done but even so it will be doing it sometime in the future. Unfortunately there is no ETA for it yet.

What you can do is a PER (Product Enhancement Request) so that you let Cisco know about your concerns about this product. This procedure will allow us to develop better products that will fit our your needs. You can contact your Cisco Account Manager in order to request the PER. You can also contact your account manager for the developers contract option.

Thanks,

Glenn

Thanks Glenn.  I'll go through the PER route.