cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection and External Phone Number Mask when transferring calls

vincehgov
Level 1
Level 1

I have a helpdesk voicemail box that has a greeting "Hi... if this is an emergency, please press 2".  After they press 2, the call gets forwarded to another extension.  The transfer rules specify the call to be transferred to another extension (7051) and released to switch.

Back in CUCM, I have that DN configured (7051) to send the call to a cellphone.  A route pattern is in place to use the Extenal Phone Number Mask.

When I call the 7051 directly from an IP Phone in the office, the call is transferred to the cellphone and the External Phone Number Mask is used correctly as the caller ID.  But when I call the voicemail box and press 2 to get transferred, it seems to not work.  It uses our main line number instead, which I think is configured somewhere.

How do I make it respect the External Phone Number Mask when transferring calls from Unity Connection?

Vince

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can you change "Display Original Calling Number on Transfer from Cisco Unity" service parameter in CUCM to see if that helps?

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

When you call from an IP Phone it uses th external number mask of the Ip Phone. When you call from voicemail, voicemail port is the calling number, hence you need to configure an external number mask on the vm ports. You can put any mask that you want on the voice mail ports. Youc an just use a single mask so all calls originating from the vm ports will use the same mask. The reason its showing your main number is because the calling number presented to your gateway is not part of your DDI range and your telco is replacing it with your main number

Please rate useful posts

"For the love of God is broader than the measure of man's mind And the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind"

Please rate all useful posts

Can you change "Display Original Calling Number on Transfer from Cisco Unity" service parameter in CUCM to see if that helps?

Chris

Thank you Chris!  That worked.  I didn't know that option existed.