cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection - checking voicemail without enter ID or extension

phamvinhdat
Level 3
Level 3

Is there an option to set in Unity Connection that allow users to call in their office number and be able to check their own voicemail without the need to enter id or extension. I remember that this is worked with Unity on Windows 2003 platform with a define list of known number.

Thanks.

Dat Pham

6 Replies 6

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dat Pham,

You'd configure alternate extensions on the user account for their cell phone/office phone #'s.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Brad,

I have set alternate extension in user profile in Unity Connection, but it does not help. When checking the port monitor tools, I only see the desk extension passes in to Unity Connection, do not see the actual caller id from incoming calls. Is there a setting to turn this on in either CUCM or UCXN?

Thanks.

Dat Pham

It would be a configuration on CUCM that needs to be looked at.  It depends on how your calls are coming in from the PSTN to get routed to UC.  I would imagine that should give you a general place to start.  Once you provide more details about the call flow, someone may be able to offer their input.

Brad

I have checked all the setting in CUCM but could not see any option that help. From the port monito tool, it has these info below.

=========================================================================

03:04:13, New Call, CalledId=2521167,  RedirectingId=2521167,  Origin=16,  Reason=4,  CallGuid=F3B20D0F3FFE4FEAB59ACBEE14E2533C,  CallerName=Pham,  Dat,  LastRedirectingId=2521167,  LastRedirectingReason=4,  PortDisplayName=RM-CUCM-1-001,[Origin=Unknown],[Reason=Forward No Answer]

03:04:13, AttemptForward

03:04:13, State - AttemptForward.cde!Dummy

03:04:13, Event is [NULL]

03:04:13, PHTransfer

03:04:13, State - PHTransfer.cde!LoadInfo

03:04:13, Event is [TrueEvent]

03:04:13, PHGreeting

03:04:13, State - PHGreeting.cde!PlayGreeting

03:04:13, Call answered if needed

03:04:13, Playing greeting for Subscriber:  Dat Pham

03:04:16, Event is [HangupEvent]

03:04:16, State - PHGreeting.cde!DoHangup

03:04:16, Event is [HangupEvent]

03:04:16, Idle

=========================================================================

The only thing I can think of is the Origin data. It shows as Unknown. If there is a way to turn that on and see what kind if data will show up there.

Thanks.

Dat Pham

The RedirectingId=2521167 is what UC looks at, not the Origin.  It looks like you called your phone, and it rolled to voicemail in that test as you would expect it to do.

phamvinhdat
Level 3
Level 3

I have found a way to achieve this by setting up another DID and point that number to Voicemail Pilot number. Unity Connection will prompt for PIN if the number calling from is in your alternate extension list. If not, then will get the generic Cisco Unity Connection Messaging system...

Dat