Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Import LDAP users

Miquel Bover
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

We have an enviroment with a CUCM 10.5 and Cisco Unity Connection 9.1.2, the Unity Connection is integrated with LDAP.

I can import users normally from LDAP from Users > Import Users > Select users > Import Selected.

Importing the LDAP users as described above, the fields First Name, Last Name, Display Name, Email Address, Department, and Manager are also imported from LDAP.

On the other hand, if I import users from Bulk (Tools > Bulk Administration Tool > select "Create" and "Users with Mailbox" and select file), the user is imported successfully but the mentioned fiels are not imported, just the Display Name is imported with the same value than the LDAP user ID.

Below you can see the file format used:

Alias,Extension,TemplateAlias,LdapCcmUserID
mbover,889494926,DE-User_Template_O365,mbover

I also have tryied with the fields First Name, Last Name, Display Name, Email Address, Department, and Manager and leave without value to test if the LDAP values was imported, but have not worked. See below:

Alias,Extension,TemplateAlias,LdapCcmUserID,FirstName,LastName,DisplayName,EmailAddress,Department,Manager
mbover,889494926,DE-User_Template_O365,mbover,,,,,,

Is it possible import the fields First Name, Last Name, Display Name, Email Address, Department, and Manager importing the LDAP users using BULK?

Thank you!

Miquel Bover

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Those fields should populate after the next sync or after manual sync. I am not sure if this is bug, but I have run into the same issue. Let us know if the next sync does not resolve it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Those fields should populate after the next sync or after manual sync. I am not sure if this is bug, but I have run into the same issue. Let us know if the next sync does not resolve it.

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for your reply.

After the sync all fields (First Name, Last Name, Display Name, Email Address, Department, and Manager) except Display Name was updated.

The Display Name remains with the LDAP username (mbover) instead of First Name followed by Last Name (Miquel Bover), in this case remains as "mbover".

Best regards!

Miquel Bover