Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection. "Delete" Hung Up prompt

CoDeC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have Unity Connection version: 8.0.2.40000-12.

When the user deliver the message and press # (or other key) listen the promp "Your message has been sent" and hangup.

I'd like that if the caller press the key # the system hungup directly without play any prompt.

Is it possible?

In 'Edit Message Setting' I have the next:

* After Message Action

- Call action = Hang Up

In 'Caller Input keys' I have the next:

- All keys the action is 'Ignore key' and your status is Unlocked.

In this menu I have tested diferent options (call action = Hung Up / locked, etc)

Thank you so much.

Regards,

--

Alberto

4 Replies 4

srichardson
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, Alberto.

The "Your message has been sent" prompt that you are referring to is actually associated not with the "hang up" but with the message taking/message delivery function of Unity.  When you are calling to leave a message for a user, and press #, that is a part of the conversation that you don't have access to change the prompts for.  Hence, your "hang up action" is doing just that, after the caller presses # to indicate they want to send the message as opposed to mark it urgent or future delivery, etc.  If you take a look at the wallet card for the record a message section, this is illustrated well.  Sorry for the bad news

Hi,

First, thank you for your answer.

is there any workaround? For examples, to ignore the caller input.

Regards,

--

Alberto

Alberto,

You're welcome.  No, because it is part of the "record a message" conversation, I can think of no work-arounds.  Changing caller input would only affect what happens when a caller is hearing the subscriber greeting. 

There are always ways to hack the system, which was a lot easier to do in the Windows based Unity, but if you are good a Linux and if the files are visible in the O/S (I'm guessing not but have never tried to look in Connection), the only way to do what you want would be to figure out what conversation .wav file is played when a caller presses # after recording a message and then rename that file to .old or something and replace that file name with a silent .wav file of a second long or so.  You would NOT be TAC supported and any upgrade or ES to the system would again overwrite your silent file.

Thank you so much.

Regards,

--

Alberto