cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Staging: similar procedure to CUCM's "import configuration"

d.haeni
Level 4
Level 4

I use "import configuration" of tarred .csv files in CUCM to start with a base configuration that meets my best practices. Now I'd like to do something similar with Unity Connection:

- The input should be human readable (i.e. to verify settings)

- It should be rather small in size (e.g. < 50MB)

- It should include all parameters that can be configured in cuadmin (except users)

- it should overwrite/update settings that are there by default (e.g. voicemailusertemplate)

Using COBRAS, I have not managed to achieve this on a freshly installed system. For example:

- "voicemailusertemplate" settings were not overwritten

- "Recommended Voice Mail Authentication Rule" was not updated

- LDAP information or Voice System/Ports was not configured

Thanks for your thoughts. 

/David

1 Reply 1

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As a layman - If you’re trying to clone a basic setup I don’t see why taking an image of the system for deployment wouldn’t work. That being said the system API may be your best bet for a lot of things - it would be pretty easy to use Savon (Ruby) or similar to push things to the system, though admittedly I’m not looking at the API details. 

Unity connection also also requires us to drIve some functions through the CLI to the database - many of the CUC tables are exposed so you could pump data into those there or via the dB proxy though I’m certain TAC would not necessarily support that. I think this is also why prime provisioning needs admin CLI creds