Views
Helpful
Replies

unity mwi failed for new email

boub91
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I have Unity Unified Messaging with Exchange 2003.

* When a user receive a new voice message the MWI turn ON.

It turn OFF when the voice message is deleted in outlook 2003 or using ip phone.

* When a user receive a new email in outlook 2003 then the MWI do not turn ON on the IP Phone.

Do you have an idea ?

Thank you

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm not sure where this misconception stems from for you but this behavior is perfectly normal.  When users receive a new voicemail or check a voicemail, the message flows thru Unity and then to the partner server and the action of MWI on/off is triggered via MAPI connection between Exchange and Unity.

However, when an email is sent - the message does not flow thru Unity and is completely unrelated to the integration between Unity and Exchange.  So, long story short - a user will NEVER receive MWI when a standard email is sent/received in Exchange.  Instead, a user should ALWAYS receive MWI when a voice message is sent/received and flows thru Unity to Exchange (and vice versa).

Normal behavior based on your description...not an issue at all.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Bryan Shapess
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

David is correct.  Emails will never turn on MWI.  MWI only signafies that you have a new voice mail.  I am not sure why you would want MWI to turn on for an Email.  Sounds like it would be very confusing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: