Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Reply Back feature not working

On Unity 10.5.2, after listening to the message via TUI, I want to Reply back, that is, call the person who left the voice mail.
The user is in a Class of Service that has the 'Users Can Reply to Messages from Other Users by Calling Them' option checked.  But,
after listening to the message and pressing option 4, it says "you may not reply to this message."  Is there other configuration that
needs to be done?  CUCM version is the same, 10.5.2 and the callers are on the same cluster.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Reply and Live Reply are two different options. I believe Live Reply is DTMF 44 while reply [with a voicemail message] is 4.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Reply and Live Reply are two different options. I believe Live Reply is DTMF 44 while reply [with a voicemail message] is 4.

Thanks, DTMF 44 did work for Live Reply, but only for users in the cluster, not for PSTN callers.  The same is true for DTMF 4.

Live Reply to external callers is a separate privilege on the class of service. Also, ensure that the SIP Trunk (or VM port if still using SCCP) CSS can dial the caller ID value as it was presented to CUC. You may need to include an extra Partition and Translation Pattern. For example, in the US caller ID is often 4045550100 which may need tone translated to +14045550100 or 914045550100) to match the normal CUCM dial plan.