cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Report for Call Handler References

marc.fontenot
Level 1
Level 1

Is their a report or method to find out how many subscribers or Call Handlers are pointing to a specific Call Handler? The only way I know is to delete the call handler and then look for the unresolved references using a report or dbwalker.

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In Unity Connection the SA has some basic info about references when you go to delete something, but it's not what you'd call a report. There's also some stored procs that generate similiar information but taking that and kicking out a report isn't trivial. Global Subscriber Manager kicks out a report for references to a subscriber you're going to delete, but not call handlers and the report is the output after actually deleting the subscriber (i.e. so you know what changed automatically during the delete process).

I could probably add a read rough report (i.e. just a .TXT file output) to the Audio Text Manager tool that would let you pick any call handler or subscriber and run through and find all references to it and just list them out as it found them - it wouldn't be real pretty but it should be comprhensive. It'd be fairly easy to make it work for all 4.0(x) and later builds - 3.1(x) and earlier would be a bit more of a challange - what version of Unity are you at?

That would be great. That's all I would need. My version of Unity is 4.04SR1.

Update on this - I posted a new version of ATM that runs on 4.0(3) and later or 4.1(1) and later that includes a new dependency report for any object you select. You'll find it here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/APP_AudioTextManager403.htm

the report output is just plain text and is a little rough around the edge, but it should do what you need here. Maybe if folks think it's worth it I can make the output include HTML links to the objects listed for easy modification and such, but for the moment I have to move on to other projects.

Let me know if you have any trouble with it.

Thanks Jeff! This is very helpful... was looking for such a basic report in past to track some stuff down.

Jeff, that's an awesome feature you put in ATM. I have many uses for that and I'm sure I'll use it a lot. I remember that ATM used to have dependencies built-in to the interface, and then it went away. Thanks for building this report back in!!! HTML links would be nice, but this does the trick like it is.