Views
Helpful
Replies

UNITY SUBCRIBER 10.5 installation error

Ajin Skariah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am trying to add a subscriber for server for an already running unity 10.5 publisher server and it is giving me error "Configuration validation with PUBLISHER failed. Configured host name does not match the host name at IP ADDRESS". I have added the IP address of the subscriber server to the publisher and also I have configured forward and reverse DNS entries and I am pretty sure I have entered the correct values. I have tried it no more than 10 times and every time the same error. The screenshot of the error is attached. Any idea what is causing the issue?. Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check the host name of the Publisher (OS Administration > Settings > IP > Ethernet). Does it match?

Brandon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check the host name of the Publisher (OS Administration > Settings > IP > Ethernet). Does it match?

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

It doesn't match!!!

I think you solved my case! I'll try installing it again and update you. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Ajin. 

Hi Brandon, 

It worked!. Actually in my mind the hostname was something else as I am adding the subscriber after almost a year. And I didn't check in the OS page. Also in the DNS server the hostnames was wrongly configured. Anyway the installation is successfully completed now.

Thanks,

Ajin.