cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity v7.0(2) customer moving to Office365

Steven Juras
Level 1
Level 1

Customer has a Unity installation running on ver 7.0 (I know right ?!?) and I'm guessing that it was deployed in unified messaging mode - but how would I  tell if it is vs. voicemail only mode?  Their on-premise exchange server is going to be decommissioned in less than two weeks as they are moving to a hosted Exchange (office365) environment.  The IT director wants to retain the ability to have unified messaging so that voicemails can be viewed in Outlook and when "read" the message is marked read and the MWI lamp goes out.  He doesn't really care about retrieving voice messages via the phone.

My initial thoughts are  - well if this Unity Connection ver 7 or better, I might have a better chance - but as current with Unity...I don't think this is possible.

Any thoughts / experience / suggestions????

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Both options require a message store, there is no option to deploy Unity without a message store, the only "option" to store messages on Unity, was when the connection to the message store failed, and that was still not a supported option for production, only while you fixed your message store, and there was no guarantee of functionality.

Since you already have no support whatsoever, you can pretty much try anything you like.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/7x/requirements/7xcusysreq.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way to do what you're asking with Unity, Unity only supports on-prem Exchange, or Domino.

They'll need to migrate to CUC to have UM with 365, review the UM / SIB guides for CUC on cisco.com for all details and requirements.

HTH

java

What about re-configuring Unity from "unified messaging" to "voicemail only" - can this be done so that voicemails are now stored on the Unity Server, or would it be better to just rebuild this server as Unity Voicemail-only?  

Customer is decommissioning on-prem Exchange in less than 10 days.  No budget to upgrade to CUC (albeit I agree that the long-term solution).

Both options require a message store, there is no option to deploy Unity without a message store, the only "option" to store messages on Unity, was when the connection to the message store failed, and that was still not a supported option for production, only while you fixed your message store, and there was no guarantee of functionality.

Since you already have no support whatsoever, you can pretty much try anything you like.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/7x/requirements/7xcusysreq.html

HTH

java