cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity-voice mail ports are not answering

aPathipati
Level 1
Level 1

I am using unity 4.0(4)SR1. and integrated with CCM 3.3(3). I installed a Cisco Security Agent in unity box and rebooted the server. Since than when i try to connect the unity, the pilot number is rining and ringing their is no answer.

I thought problem with CSA and uninstalled the software still i got the same thing. I found bug id CSCef80398 which is related to my problem. So i download the ES35 and installed it, which is also not resolved my problem.

Could some body point me the right directiion to resolve this issue.

Thank You.

5 Replies 5

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

In this case, it doesn't hurt to start at ground zero:

1. Check your CallManager, is the CTI route point still forward-all to Unity? Validate no CSS or partitions changed on the CCM side.

2. Are the Unity ports in CallManager registered? I.e. showing IP addresses? If not, a Unity stop/restart (not reboot) is required.

3. Any errors in your Unity server's application/system logs? If there are, capture these for review with TAC. You should see a startup of each of your Unity ports in the application event log.

4. Check your Unity-CCM integration. Go to UTIM on the Unity server and test your integration (this pings the CCM server and checks the configuration).

5. Run Call Viewer and/or Port Status Monitor on the Unity server and dial the pilot.

Hope this helps. If it doesn't, you will at least be at a good starting point and have all of the reference material for contacting TAC.

Ginger

pjt8537
Level 1
Level 1

As part of ES 35, sometimes you have to add a DWORD registry entry called MutexSleepTimeMS and set the decimal value to 1000. This needs to be added at.... HKLM/Software/Active Voice/MIU/1.0/Initialization Reboot the machine after the change. Please see the ES 35 document if you need more exact instructions. Hope this helps.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for quick reply, I applied ES35 patch but no luck, I also installed 'Delay Unity Start' and set 30sec delay after that I rebooted unity which comes alright all the ports are working, However if i reboot unity again the ports are ringing no answer. if i manualy reset the unity every thing working fine.

I try to change the registry entry which you suggested. I could not find MUtexSleepTimeMS in the following location HKLM/Software/Active Voice/MIU/1.0/Initialization. Could you please suggest me exactly what i am looking for in this location.

Thank You For help.

Anitha

You probably need to add this registry key and then set the value. I don't believe the key is in the registry by default. Remember that it's always a good idea to backup the registry before modifying it--use the export function of regedit.

Add MutexSleepTimeMS as a DWORD, and make sure that you set the time value in decimal, not hex. I usually start at 1000 ms and work my way up in 250 ms increments until it works. The highest I have had to go is 1500 ms.

I always reboot several times after this to make sure it works everytime I reboot.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for help. I think it resolved the issue.