Helpful
Replies

unity8 websa

shingphing_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

When i try to access the unity administration page from a remote machine via

http:\\server ip\web\sa , the following message pop up.

Unrecognized error

hr=0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)

Does anyone have any idea?

I have no problem accessing the administration when rdp to the server using the unityadmin acct.

Regards, shingphing

5 Replies 5

Craig Cooper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi shingphing,

There used to be an old error like that with Cisco Unity version 4.0.   Is the AvNotifierMgr service started (check in services.msc).

Kind regards,

Craig

Hi Craig ,

Thanks. Just noticed that some machine and unity box itself I can access via web sa. Only some machine can't. This is unity 8. Sld be something on the ie setting. Firefox works fine

Regards,sp

Sent from my mobile,sorry for any typo error.

Are you logging in as the UnityAdmin, when logging in remotely... or automatically using the account you're logged onto the PC with?

If you need to log on to the SA Web pages as a different user try the following:

1. Go to Administrative Tools -> Component Services.

2. Expand Component Services -> Computers -> My Computer -> DCOM Config.

3. Right click on AvCsGateway and on the Security tab, select Customize for Launch Permissions and click Edit.

4. Add the user you want to use for logging into the Unity SA, and select to enable "Local Activation"

Also perform steps 3 and 4 for the AvLic service.

It may be necessary to restart the IIS service after performing the above changes.

ThkS, Craig

I will try. I am not using the unityadmin account. I am able to get the authentication page , prompting for username and password,when using firefox but not Internet explorer. Thanks for responding.

Sent from my mobile,sorry for any typo error.

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do try this guide. It's extensive but very thorough and covers most every troubleshooting step you can try.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00801ba0ef.shtml

Thanks!

Tray