cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Update or Upgrade Cisco Jabber 11.7 to 12.6

Shocker1812
Level 1
Level 1

Question for the For the July 3rd 2019 Jabber Vulnerability, Cisco Jabber for Windows DLL Preloading Vulnerability / Advisory ID: cisco-sa-20190703-jabber-dll.

Is there a way to update or upgrade my current release 11.7.0 to the Updated fixed release to 12.6 that doesn't involve re-installing the software. Looking for more of an update that saves current conversations instead of having my users manually save before updating.

V/R

Michael

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Generally speaking, locally cached settings and chat history are retained through updates to Jabber. It’s the same MSI/PKG file for fresh install and manual or externally-managed (eg SCCM) updates (the auto-update server URL is different, but that’s not the magic answer you’re looking for). The leap you’re facing is quite massive though. Take a look the the release notes of the intervening versions; I believe there was a version that stated chat history would be lost if updating from too low of a version. You likely have a multi-hop update in front of you to maintain history.

Also, pay attention to the 11.8 release as the directory integration changed from EDI/BDI to CDI. Most deployments needed a few config adjustments to jabber-config.xml and/or the Service Profile.