cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Users Associated with Line

VPMaharaj
Level 1
Level 1

We will be integrating our UCM 6.1.2 with CUPS 6.x with MOC as the client. On the DN page of the UCM right at the bottom is a button titled 'Associate End Users'. As per the documentation this is required but I still am wondering if this association is really necessary as I will need to update all of our users via BAT csv which will be a lot work provided it can be done via BAT? The users page has an entry under device associations and the primary extension under directory number association has an entry as well so hopefully this will suffice.

40 Replies 40

Hi

Can you open your file with Notepad and paste it up here as it is actually formatted, or just attach the file directly?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Did you ever get this working? Having to do similar with CallManager 8x

just to confirm that this method also works for associating DNs with users for automating the roll-out of users to the Jabber "Extend and Connect" facility - it's possible to use BAT to automate the user updates and creation of the CTI remote devices, but not the line association.

Hello I have tried several time to update my Jabber users all CSF devices " Users Associated with Line" using this method 

I tried .csv and regular notepad ++ txt

All it does when I try to BAT -- USERS -->Line appearence --> update Lineappearences  ERROR 0 complete 0 Failed

WHAT am I doing wrong

User ID,Device,Directory Number,Partition

Then, upload it using the BAT file upload tool and select BAT -> Users -> Line Appearance -> Update Line Appearance. Select your file and for CUPC users only. This populates the 'Users Associated with Line' field under the line on the phone

If it populates the user with the directory number what is your problem?

Response Signature

?? Not sure why you asking me this question

I clearly stated "ERROR 0 complete 0 Failed" status report on job scheduler  

Because of this in your post.

Then, upload it using the BAT file upload tool and select BAT -> Users -> Line Appearance -> Update Line Appearance. Select your file and for CUPC users only. This populates the 'Users Associated with Line' field under the line on the phone”.

Response Signature

I just did this on a CM 14SU2 system, but the file used originated from way back, CM 8 if I'm not wrong. So the format should likely work in any version that would be currently is use.

Snag_d21a8f.png

Snag_d26525.png

Format of file used

<user name>,<device name>,<directory number, if it starts with a + add a \ infront),<partition name>

Upload the file to CM as Bulk Administration > Upload/Download Files > Add New > User Line Appearance > Update Line Appearance - Custom File, then run this as Bulk Administration > Users > Line Appearance > Update Line Appearance > Select the file uploaded and do not check the option for Update line appearance for CUP users only > Select Run Immediately > Press Submit

Response Signature

Alright I will try this again, I posted the steps that I tried and should have stated steps used

Then, upload it using the BAT file upload tool and select BAT -> Users -> Line Appearance -> Update Line Appearance. Select your file and for CUPC users only. This populates the 'Users Associated with Line' field under the line on the phone

I attached my file format converted to csv

Lineappearfailure.PNG

The format of your file is incorrect.

image.png

The field names are User ID,Device,Directory Number,Partition not Directory Number 1 and Partition 1 as you have it. Further you need to have each directory number on it's own row, you can not have multiple DNs per device row. So if a device has multiple DNs you'd need to have multiple rows for that.

Response Signature

Alright I used the bat tool and tried this file and got the same message, let me just format the txt file remove those columns.

Update Line Appearance - Custom File

Begin Time : 03/10/2023 08:49:27

Query :

Update Users in CSFLineappear01.txt

Failure Details :

user id Error Code Error Description

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bat file format: mistyped header

That header line is totally different than what you initially stated in your question and it's not the same as I posted in my example of what works. Details matter in this as BAT is super picky. Please use the exact same header line as I had in my example, no more, no less.

Response Signature

Question , is the file you used a .csv or txt file?