cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Users Associated with Line

VPMaharaj
Level 1
Level 1

We will be integrating our UCM 6.1.2 with CUPS 6.x with MOC as the client. On the DN page of the UCM right at the bottom is a button titled 'Associate End Users'. As per the documentation this is required but I still am wondering if this association is really necessary as I will need to update all of our users via BAT csv which will be a lot work provided it can be done via BAT? The users page has an entry under device associations and the primary extension under directory number association has an entry as well so hopefully this will suffice.

40 Replies 40

txt file, but it should not matter, both should work.

Response Signature

Different error now 

byronmcneil_0-1678456794781.png

user id Error Code Error Description

Bat file format: missing header

You still have the wrong information in the header and the format of the file is also wrong.

Response Signature

Please tell me what is wrong in the format, I performed a search on CM to output the data with those headers. So Im a bit confused whats is incorrect now.

There where two errors in your files.

1. The header was wrong. You have User ID Device Name Directory Number 1 Partition 1 and it's should be User ID,Device,Directory Number,Partition
  2. Secondly you have a tab separated file and it should be comma separated

Try with these files that I modified based on your last shared files.

Response Signature

Well that worked so well

I have learned much from you Roger, Question did you just reopened in Excel and changed the format to comma separated ?

Awesome

No I opened your files in Notepad++ and copied my header line and then used search and replace. Excel would absolutely work if you save it as a CSV file, just make sure that the delimiter is a comma, which it is not in Sweden where I live. So I would anyway need to edit the file in a text editor, like N++, to replace ; with ,.

Response Signature

Hi all, new poster here.  I'm attaching a CSV that I used once before that populated the

fields properly.  Lots of times when I'm trying to figure something out about BAT (when

Cisco documentation is lacking), I'll do a full export and test with different fields until I

find the right one to populate.  The User ID 1 field is what populates this if I'm not mistaken,

and the name in the field has to match exactly with the username in AD, case sensitive.

If the case is off then it won't work.  I hope this is helpful as I spent several hours trying

different ways to make this happen.  We are on CUCM 6.1.4.  Kudos, JL

byronmcneil
Level 1
Level 1

System version: 11.5.1.21900-40, This is the version I am on.

I tried to use the BAT.xml file but there was no option for selecting Partition only E164

So I will not change the txt file I have to .csv just by changing the name and see if it will take it

byronmcneil
Level 1
Level 1

Please tell me what is wrong in the format, I performed a search on CM to output the data with those headers. So Im a bit confused whats is incorrect now.