cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Unity Connection for PoTS/Centrex lines

Wayne Ficklin
Level 1
Level 1

We are transitioning away from the last of our Centrex lines, but have a voicemail system that serviced them that needs to go away sooner than those last Centrex lines.

I have a route pattern for a number that points to Unity, and I've configured a Centrex line to CFBusy and CFNoAnswer to this number.

I've set up a user in Unity w/ the extension of my Centrex line, but I can't for love nor money get to where I can leave a voicemail.

The current message I get when I dial my centrex line and let it roll to voicemail is "Enter your PIN followed by #".

3 Replies 3

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
@wayne Flickin
You need to Create a call routing rule in Unity for the number you have pointed at Unity. Since you created a route pattern, I'm assuming you created a route list containing the SIP trunk for the Unity server. In this case, you should create a direct routing rule, I believe. Create a direct routing rule with a condition of Dialed Number equals (your routing number) and send it to the user or mailbox you desire. Place this rule in a higher priority than the Attempt Sign In and Opening Greeting rules.
These routing rules can be located under Call Management > Call Routing > Direct Routing Rules.

Response Signature

Call from cell to x3700, forwards to x9600.  x9600 is routed to CUCM via PoTS.  CUCM has a route pattern for x9600 to Unity-RL. 

• direct-route-rule Calling Number = Cell Number send calls to specific voicemail
    • goes to voicemail
    • completely useless test
  • direct-route-rule Dialed Number = x9600 send calls to specific voicemail
    • goes to voicemail
    • very inefficient to have to use 1 forwarding number for each voicemail box.
    • if I forward all the centrex lines to x9600, they're all going to go to one mailbox.
  • forwarded-route-rule Forwarding Station =x9600 or x3700 send calls to specific voicemail
    • doesn't go to voicemail

I don't understand why it matches "direct-route-rule Dialed Number = x9600" when I dialed x3700 and it forwarded to x9600.  As it stands, this doesn't seem to be a tenable solution.  What am I missing?

Calls forwarded to our PRI did not contain redirecting info.  We opted to forward to a number that comes in our SIP trunk and after some configuration, it did contain the redirecting info which allowed Unity to behave as expected.