Views
Helpful
Replies

UTIM CallManager Integration Error

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

When running the UTIM I get the following error:

Unable to stop service "Remote Access Connection Manager". Error 0x800705b4. This operation returned becasue the timeout period expired. [QueryServiceStatus}

Any ideas? It will let me finish the wizard and the service is stopped. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Mike -

Not sure if this applies to your Unity version, but I just found a bug check for you with UTIM that references similar error - http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCeb62489&cco_product=Cisco+Unity+Unified+Messaging&fset=&swver=&keyw=utim%20&target=&train=

You may want to contact TAC, if you haven't already ... especially since you are not getting a successful integration.

Sincerely,

Ginger

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

are you at the console or in Terminal Services?

RDP/Terminal Server.

Correction...VNC.

You should be ok with VNC... but if there is a Terminal Session open on the box that is hung, it could be what is hanging your installation wizard or starting the service. I would go ahead and reboot the box and check the UTIM.

UTIM shows everything as OK, but I get that message no matter if I run the Wizard locally or through VNC. Tried deleting and adding the integration several times.

Is this for CCM integration or Dialogic or PIMG?

Version of Unity?

CCM Inegration.

CCM 4.1(3)

Unity 4.0(4)SR1

Mike -

I believe the problem you are seeing is with service dependencies on your Unity server. The AvCsMgr service is dependent on the Telephony service. The Remote Access Connection Manager service is dependent upon the Telephony service. The last step of the UTIM after you make a change/save is to stop/start Unity services, which includes AvCsMgr. I suspect the RACM service tried to stop/restart but did not respond within the "expected" timeframe. Hence the 0x800705b4 error, which is timeout related.

Ginger

So there is or isn't a fix for it? I've watched the RACM service and it does stop. I've even tried stopping or starting it before I ran the UTIM, but never had a successful integration yet. Thanks!

Hey Mike -

Not sure if this applies to your Unity version, but I just found a bug check for you with UTIM that references similar error - http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCeb62489&cco_product=Cisco+Unity+Unified+Messaging&fset=&swver=&keyw=utim%20&target=&train=

You may want to contact TAC, if you haven't already ... especially since you are not getting a successful integration.

Sincerely,

Ginger

Ginger,

Thank you?you are a PURE genius! I set the start up type to disabled for the Remote Access Connection Manager service and the Integration Wizard ran perfect! After that I had to delete a registry entry to keep the perflib errors from taking over my event log because the performance counters were trying to monitor the service and it was no longer active. After that, a reboot and resetting the voice mail ports on the CallManager, I was up and running! Thanks SO much!

By the way?anyone know a quick way to reset ALL the voice mail ports at once in CallManager? Thanks!

Mike

Hi Mike -

Glad to hear you made it thru UTIM successfully. In response to your other question, I don't reset voicemail ports on the CallManager side. You do this by stopping/restarting Unity from the SYSTRAY on the Unity server.

Ginger