cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG 320 Static on call

Nikhil.ranjan
Level 1
Level 1

We have a VG 320 and we have a paging system configured on the one of the analog ports. Suddenly we see that the paging has stopped working and when some one dials the paging number, we get a ring and then static. Here is what we have observed. 

voice service voip

fax protocol pass-through g711ulaw

modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw

h323

emptycapability

sh voice port summary

--  fxs-ls      up    dorm on-hook  idle     y

When I run the show voice call summary, I get Codec and VTSPState only on the affected.

PORT           CODEC     VAD VTSP STATE            VPM STATE

============== ========= === ==================== ======================

x/x/x     g711ulaw   n  S_CONNECT             FXSLS_ONHOOK

I see this message in the logs only on the effected port. Other ports are not having this log generated.

%FLEXDSPRM-3-TDM_CONNECT: failed to connect voice-port (0/x/x) to dsp_channel(0/0/1)

Need some one to assist me on this issue.

3 Replies 3

That sounds like a hardware error with the DSP. I would suggest power cycling the gateway (not just a reboot). If that doesn't work then you most likely have failed hardware.

Only one port is having issue, others are working fine. Could this be issue on the Paging device as well. 

That is possible but the message points to hardware on the port. If you connect a regular handset to the port, can you get a connection?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: