cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Across CUBE

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

Hi we use a CUBE to connect to CUCM clusters ( don't ask why ;-))

Anyway it works fine for voice but we want to add video aswell. As far as i can see thise should work but and just enable video on the voice class codec , however as anyone actually done that and could possibly verify what commands would need to be added.

6 Replies 6

Is it a B2B call? we use expressway to make  B2B calls. 

Not clear what's your exact requirement. 

Response Signature

So we have 2 clusters ( these are across our internal network) at the moment , so that people on each other can call each other we  have a CUBE connecting both of these.

This works fine for voice , but we want to enable video so a user with a phone on cluster a can call a cluster b and if they have a video phone be able to see each other.

It definitely be done. I don't have configs handy, but there are a few "voice-class sip" commands that need to be done. Depending on the type of phone (9971's have some odd requirements), you need to change some of the default payload types. Not too tricky.

I did some looking, and this would do it at the dial peer level.

pass-thru content sdp

That assumes you don't have to move the default payload types (like you would for a 9971 phone).

Thankyou for the input , could you point me in the direction of any documentation as i looked and there didn't seem to be anything definite on what was needed . especially around the payload types for the phones , we use all 88xx model phones so can i assume they will just work ?

Going from memory from CCIE Collaboration prep 5 years back, but the sdp content pass through was the main thing. I was looking for more definitive stuff in the CUBE config guide Cisco Unified Border Element Configuration Guide but I didn't see too many specifics. What I do remember is that 9971 had some different requirements for video codecs that overlapped with the default payload types in a CUBE. That sort of thing is in the section of the config guide. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/cube-codec-basic.html#concept_481BE95CF6AB447C9DB4C46866FDA2D5 

The way you will have to handle that is if you pass through the SDP and video doesn't come up, you will need to do a "debug ccsip mess" in the CUBE to see where it is going wrong. You will be looking at the SDP in the incoming SIP message from one CM cluster and seeing how it differs from the outgoing one to other CM cluster. Here is a wiki page that talks about the specifics of SDP. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Session_Description_Protocol 

What you will be looking for is differences in the video line like this.

m=video 51372 RTP/AVP 99

That last number is the payload type. If they don't match between the two, that could be a problem. That seems less likely with newer phones like the 8800's.